Lisa Visits: Day 3&4 - Blue Mountains
Everyone who comes to Sydney must try and get away to the Blue Mountains. I wasn't going to let Lisa come here without taking her there so we dedicated the weekend to travel out there and do some bush walks.
We arrived late Friday nite. Decided to stay at a Hostel in Katoomba and wake up bright and early to begin our trek through the National Park. Lisa and I took the same trail that Stuart and I did the last time we were there. So we took the train Leura where our route started and hiked all the way back to Katoomba. Through to the Leura Cascades, detouring to view all the lookouts, and finally ending up at the Three Sisters. It's about a 5Km hike all up and makes for a long day. It was sunny, but hot that day so it made even more tiring. Lisa and I were able to catch up on the last 8 months worth of gossip though :)
Bridal Veil Lookout - near the start of our trek
Overlooking the Blue MountainsSome Gorge
Finally, the Three Sisters

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home